He Is

Old notes taken mostly from my personal time with God. We're moving house again, so, I guess we're back to being, literally, pilgrims on the Rough Roads of Planet Earth. (Photo taken on a road to the Waitangi Treaty Grounds, North Auckland, NZ, Dec 2009.)

Friday, February 6, 2009

The Thorny Life




Luke 8

14And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.

15But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.


Most often we are content with just being Christians - believers. We live a mediocre life without realizing it. We never realize the potential that God intended for us. Only one in every 4 persons who hear the true Gospel message actually bears fruit a hundred-fold. So many of us persist for a long time as believers but somewhere in mid-life we get bogged down by the pleasures of life, its cares and its riches. When God has blessed us with so much it’s so easy to just live like the rest of the world does. But it is a deliberate act of faith to actually strip our life down to bare simplicity, if we are to persist in bringing forth fruit with patience. And it takes a long time, probably a life-time. That’s why the important ingredient called patience is added in.

Sometimes my faith is really tested. Should I carry on? Am I not stretching myself? Didn’t Jesus say I should love my neighbor as I love myself? That means I should take care of myself first. And when I stretch myself physically, how much faith do I have to trust that God will take care of me?

The questions are never easy and sometimes we just have to experiment with life to find the answers. It is not so easy to hear the voice of God especially with the hurried pace of life that we have in this generation. But when we keep asking God, in time, He will give the answers. I know He will, because He has done that before with my other questions.

Photo by my older daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Smile! God loves you and me. ^____^

About Me

My photo
The Many Versions of Love Stories 1. Boy meets girl, they fall in love, kiss and marry. They live happily ever after. 2. Boy meets girl, they fall in love, kiss and marry. The marriage sours, they part, and live happily ever after. 3. Boy meets girl, they fall in love, kiss and marry. Then boy finds out it's more fun to be girl... or girl finds out it's more fun to be boy, they part, change sexes and live happily ever after. 4.Finally, boy or girl meets God. It's love at first sight... The roads went rough, the tides rose high, the strong winds blew and the quake shook the ground... but they truly live happily ever after, forever and ever. 5. Try God's love... it's always happy forever after, and the story never ends. :-D