He Is

Old notes taken mostly from my personal time with God. We're moving house again, so, I guess we're back to being, literally, pilgrims on the Rough Roads of Planet Earth. (Photo taken on a road to the Waitangi Treaty Grounds, North Auckland, NZ, Dec 2009.)

Monday, April 5, 2010

Autistic Conversation with God

On the day I enrolled my younger daughter at Arohanui Special school I saw many of these flowers on the roadside in front of that school. That was a Milestone Day for us.


dated 21 March 2010


The LORD just reminded me of a lesson I learned the other day.

My younger daughter kept on pestering me, as usual, being autistic. She had been at home sick since Tuesday and it was already Friday. So, I said, "I will take you to the swing." (That means the park where we usually play swing.) And while I finish my work before I get her ready to go, she kept saying, "I want to go to the swing," again and again, non-stop. So, I would say, "I am the one who told you I will take you to the swing, so, you just wait, I will take you to the swing!" And when I was getting her ready and while we were at it, she asked, "Where am I going?"
"To the swing."
And not even a moment later she would say, "Where am I going?" And she really looks like she forgot but I know she didn't. Because if I ask her, "Where are we going, _____?" She would say, "To the swing."

Or sometimes she would say, "I want to go to the swing." And I would say, "Yes"
"I want to go to the swing."
"Yes."
"I want to go to the swing."
"I already said yes. Why do you have to keep asking?"
"I want to go to the swing."

OR, if it's early morning on a weekday I would be rushing to get her fed, washed and changed into her uniform and each step of the way she would be asking me again and again:
"Where am I going?"
"To school."
"Where am I going?"
"To school."
"Where am I going?"
"You don't know? Then why are we rushing every morning doing this?"

Or, sometimes it would be:
"Help me put on my uniform."
"I do that every day, you don't have to tell me!"
"Oh, sorry. "Where am I going?"
"Whoooo, you wear me down, ______(my younger daughter)!"



And whenever we're in that loop of conversation, I would hear God saying, "See, you sound like that when you pray. I already said 'yes' and yet you don't seem to hear and you keep asking me for the same thing. It's time to say 'Thank you' and wait,.. just wait.

And yet, at the same time, the Bible does say we need to pester God when we pray for something, until we get it!

Luke 18
1Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. 2He said: "In a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared about men. 3And there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea, 'Grant me justice against my adversary.'
4"For some time he refused. But finally he said to himself, 'Even though I don't fear God or care about men, 5yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won't eventually wear me out with her coming!' "
6And the Lord said, "Listen to what the unjust judge says. 7And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? 8I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?"

Bewildered? So am I. Off to my autistic praying now!!

--------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Smile! God loves you and me. ^____^

About Me

My photo
The Many Versions of Love Stories 1. Boy meets girl, they fall in love, kiss and marry. They live happily ever after. 2. Boy meets girl, they fall in love, kiss and marry. The marriage sours, they part, and live happily ever after. 3. Boy meets girl, they fall in love, kiss and marry. Then boy finds out it's more fun to be girl... or girl finds out it's more fun to be boy, they part, change sexes and live happily ever after. 4.Finally, boy or girl meets God. It's love at first sight... The roads went rough, the tides rose high, the strong winds blew and the quake shook the ground... but they truly live happily ever after, forever and ever. 5. Try God's love... it's always happy forever after, and the story never ends. :-D