He Is

Old notes taken mostly from my personal time with God. We're moving house again, so, I guess we're back to being, literally, pilgrims on the Rough Roads of Planet Earth. (Photo taken on a road to the Waitangi Treaty Grounds, North Auckland, NZ, Dec 2009.)

Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Whole World is a Garden

dated 27 March 2010







My daughter and I watched the movie, "The Secret Garden" which is based on the children's classic book of the same title. We like it so much that we have both watched it three times now. At the end, Mary, the main character says, "The whole world is like a garden."

Well, some parts of the world is really like a jungle I would say. It needs a lot of overhaul and tending to turn those places into a real garden. But then again, indeed, if you think of the world as a real garden, you would do that.

I opened my prayer book today, which also serves as my notebook for everything - from my shopping list to my prayer list - and I realized that these people I am praying for are literally spread all over the world. I promise to pray for and yet, sometimes, I do neglect praying for them. If I think of each one of them as "shoots" sprouting out of my world-wide garden, one day, if I work diligently enough, my garden would be green and beautiful, a veritable garden. And that brings me also to the most basic form of nurturing and watering my garden - reflection, the word of God, and just conversing with Him. It does help to pray aloud, but sometimes, thought-to-thought communication is just as precious. And then there's the "praying in the spirit" realm which is praying in tongues, which in itself is of great value because we allow the Holy Spirit to pray in our behalf when we are lost for words on how to pray for a situation. Sometimes, I just want to be quiet in the presence of the Lord, during my Quiet Time. And in that time and place of quiet I do believe I am nurturing, watering and caring for my garden. Our communion with God every morning is like partaking of fresh manna from Heaven. It is a daily thing. Whatever manna we ate yesterday won't suffice for today as well. And the real manna that Moses and the Israelites ate in the wilderness for 40 years developed maggots if they kept it overnight. It is the same thing with our daily partaking of God each day. Our communion with Him yesterday would already be stale by today. It is a daily thing. And every day with Him is a new thing, a different plane, an altogether different mood, different outlook. He is indeed our daily sustenance.

Proverbs 24

30 I went past the field of the sluggard,
past the vineyard of the man who lacks judgment;
31 thorns had come up everywhere,
the ground was covered with weeds,
and the stone wall was in ruins.
32 I applied my heart to what I observed
and learned a lesson from what I saw:
33 A little sleep, a little slumber,
a little folding of the hands to rest-
34 and poverty will come on you like a bandit
and scarcity like an armed man.

----------------------------

It is no wonder that many times I encounter discouragement, dryness, lack of direction and determination. We can't go slack on our time with God - Word, reflection, prayer. Being a sluggard in my garden brings on the fruit called "spiritual want" and altogether leanness in my life.


~~~~~~0~~~~~~~0~~~~~~~0~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Smile! God loves you and me. ^____^

About Me

My photo
The Many Versions of Love Stories 1. Boy meets girl, they fall in love, kiss and marry. They live happily ever after. 2. Boy meets girl, they fall in love, kiss and marry. The marriage sours, they part, and live happily ever after. 3. Boy meets girl, they fall in love, kiss and marry. Then boy finds out it's more fun to be girl... or girl finds out it's more fun to be boy, they part, change sexes and live happily ever after. 4.Finally, boy or girl meets God. It's love at first sight... The roads went rough, the tides rose high, the strong winds blew and the quake shook the ground... but they truly live happily ever after, forever and ever. 5. Try God's love... it's always happy forever after, and the story never ends. :-D