He Is

Old notes taken mostly from my personal time with God. We're moving house again, so, I guess we're back to being, literally, pilgrims on the Rough Roads of Planet Earth. (Photo taken on a road to the Waitangi Treaty Grounds, North Auckland, NZ, Dec 2009.)

Thursday, February 11, 2010

How Busyness Can Suck the Life Out of Us

"seeking and reflecting" dated 20 April 2009



I have not spent time with God much since we moved here and
now I am reaping its fruits. I have focused on the work that needs to be done,
the people I need to relate with every day, the nitty-gritty details of life. I
have fallen into the third pitfall that ravages the Christian life and devours
it to death.









Luke 8

14The seed that fell among thorns stands for
those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by life's worries,
riches and pleasures, and they do not mature.


I have heard the Word of God, had put it to practice for years, and just a lapse of months in faithfully feeding on the Word has brought illness upon me – physically and psychologically. I have not practiced what I preached.

Today, I say the prayer of repentance:

Psalm 41: 4

4 I said, "O LORD, have mercy on me;

heal me, for I have sinned against you."

















Proverbs 24

30 I went past the field of the sluggard,
past the vineyard of the man who lacks judgment;

31 thorns had come up everywhere,
the ground was covered with weeds,
and the stone wall was in ruins.
32 I applied my heart to what I observed
and learned a lesson from what I saw:
33 A little sleep, a little slumber,
a little folding of the hands to rest-
34 and poverty will come on you like a bandit
and scarcity like an armed man.

-------------------------------
Our life is like a garden, too. If we do not tend it with reflection and nourish it with the Word of God, it would become a dead and messy garden. The above picture is my vision for my life, not the sucky garden of the sluggard. >.<

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Smile! God loves you and me. ^____^

About Me

My photo
The Many Versions of Love Stories 1. Boy meets girl, they fall in love, kiss and marry. They live happily ever after. 2. Boy meets girl, they fall in love, kiss and marry. The marriage sours, they part, and live happily ever after. 3. Boy meets girl, they fall in love, kiss and marry. Then boy finds out it's more fun to be girl... or girl finds out it's more fun to be boy, they part, change sexes and live happily ever after. 4.Finally, boy or girl meets God. It's love at first sight... The roads went rough, the tides rose high, the strong winds blew and the quake shook the ground... but they truly live happily ever after, forever and ever. 5. Try God's love... it's always happy forever after, and the story never ends. :-D