He Is

Old notes taken mostly from my personal time with God. We're moving house again, so, I guess we're back to being, literally, pilgrims on the Rough Roads of Planet Earth. (Photo taken on a road to the Waitangi Treaty Grounds, North Auckland, NZ, Dec 2009.)

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Words of Life

"Phew, Life!" dated 24 April 2009

I have been suffering from depression brought on by prolonged stress. I have been stressed even before we moved here but in those days I always found time to read God's Word, reflect, worship and pray in tongues. Since we moved here, I had been lax. And now I am reaping the fruits of my laziness.

But I know that the Words of God are life and my mind, body and emotions can only be restored again if I keep my time with God and feed on His word.

Today, I read a few chapters from Psalms. I claimed the promises of God in His Word for restoration of my body, soul and spirit:

Psalm 19
7 The law of the LORD is perfect,
reviving the soul.
The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy,
making wise the simple.
8 The precepts of the LORD are right,
giving joy to the heart.
The commands of the LORD are radiant,
giving light to the eyes.

John 6:63
"...The spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life..."

John 6:68
Simon Peter answered him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life..."

Photo: Shakespear Park, Auckland





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Smile! God loves you and me. ^____^

About Me

My photo
The Many Versions of Love Stories 1. Boy meets girl, they fall in love, kiss and marry. They live happily ever after. 2. Boy meets girl, they fall in love, kiss and marry. The marriage sours, they part, and live happily ever after. 3. Boy meets girl, they fall in love, kiss and marry. Then boy finds out it's more fun to be girl... or girl finds out it's more fun to be boy, they part, change sexes and live happily ever after. 4.Finally, boy or girl meets God. It's love at first sight... The roads went rough, the tides rose high, the strong winds blew and the quake shook the ground... but they truly live happily ever after, forever and ever. 5. Try God's love... it's always happy forever after, and the story never ends. :-D