He Is

Old notes taken mostly from my personal time with God. We're moving house again, so, I guess we're back to being, literally, pilgrims on the Rough Roads of Planet Earth. (Photo taken on a road to the Waitangi Treaty Grounds, North Auckland, NZ, Dec 2009.)

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

This is Heavy Stuff, but hey, It's True!

dated 19 December 2008, 1:24am (Pacific SA Std GMT -4hour))

(Mood: on track! bless me, my heart is on track!!)

Isaiah 66

1Thus
saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool:
where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my
rest?
2For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been,
saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor
and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.

3He that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man; he that sacrificeth a lamb,
as if he cut off a dog's neck; he that offereth an oblation, as if he
offered swine's blood; he that burneth incense, as if he blessed an
idol. Yea, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delighteth
in their abominations.
4I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them;
because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not
hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I
delighted not.
5Hear the word of the LORD, ye that tremble at his word; Your brethren that
hated you, that cast you out for my name's sake, said, Let the LORD be
glorified: but he shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed.

9Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the LORD:
shall I cause to bring forth, and shut the womb? saith thy God.
10Rejoice ye with Jerusalem, and be glad with her, all ye that love her: rejoice for joy with her, all ye that mourn for her:
- - - - -
13
As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you; and ye shall be comforted in Jerusalem
14And when ye see this, your heart shall rejoice, and your bones shall
flourish like an herb: and the hand of the LORD shall be known toward
his servants, and his indignation toward his enemies.

19And I will set a sign among them, and I will send those that escape of them
unto the nations, to Tarshish, Pul, and Lud, that draw the bow, to
Tubal, and Javan, to the isles afar off, that have not heard my fame,
neither have seen my glory; and they shall declare my glory among the
Gentiles.

--------------------------------------------

God's
dwelling place is among men, among His people, the church. God's
dwelling place is in a man, a person. Shall I be a willing dwelling
place for God, my Lord?

Will I travail and not deliver? Will He
bring birth pangs and not cause me to birth a baby, a Jerusalem, His
glory, that I would have joy and glory in His name? When I hear His
word and tremble, when I do the right thing by obeying His word and
longing with Him for Jerusalem to be formed in me, will He not appear
to my joy and will not my detractors be shamed? When I insist and persist to do
the right thing, following His word, hoping on His word and waiting for
His promises to be realized, would He not appear in His glory to my joy
and comfort me like a mother comforts her chidlren? When I see this,
will my heart not rejoice, and my bones flourish like an herb? And
shall not the hand of the LORD be known toward his servants, and his
indignation toward his enemies? And wouldn't my life and my words
declare His glory to the Gentiles? and isn't this the ultimate end God
intends for us, that we may glorify His name among the nations??

On the other hand, if I worship God outwardly but disregard His word, wouldn't my worship be nothing but an abomination, a disdainful thing to Him? If I worship Him deceitfully, wouldn't my offering be just a stench to His nostrils? if I choose to disobey and not hear the voice of God,
wouldn't my fears come true and delusions come upon me? Wouldn't I
receive the curses rather than the blessings of God?

Thus, when the birth pains come, shall I welcome them, wave after wave,
contraction after contraction... for I am about to give birth; for I am
about to see the fulfillment of the promises of my God and watch His
glory revealed and proclaimed. Thus, when the birth pangs come, I know
I am to be delivered soon and be comforted. Thus, when the birth pains
come, I shall welcome them, for something big and glorious is coming.
Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Smile! God loves you and me. ^____^

About Me

My photo
The Many Versions of Love Stories 1. Boy meets girl, they fall in love, kiss and marry. They live happily ever after. 2. Boy meets girl, they fall in love, kiss and marry. The marriage sours, they part, and live happily ever after. 3. Boy meets girl, they fall in love, kiss and marry. Then boy finds out it's more fun to be girl... or girl finds out it's more fun to be boy, they part, change sexes and live happily ever after. 4.Finally, boy or girl meets God. It's love at first sight... The roads went rough, the tides rose high, the strong winds blew and the quake shook the ground... but they truly live happily ever after, forever and ever. 5. Try God's love... it's always happy forever after, and the story never ends. :-D