He Is

Old notes taken mostly from my personal time with God. We're moving house again, so, I guess we're back to being, literally, pilgrims on the Rough Roads of Planet Earth. (Photo taken on a road to the Waitangi Treaty Grounds, North Auckland, NZ, Dec 2009.)

Saturday, March 13, 2010

What Life is All About

dated 24 August 2008, 11:11pm (Pacific SA Std GMT-4hour)

consumerist.com

Luke 12
16And he told them this parable: "The ground of a certain rich man produced a good crop.

17He thought to himself, 'What shall I do? I have no place to store my crops.'


18"Then
he said, 'This is what I'll do. I will tear down my barns and build
bigger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. 19And I'll say to myself, "You have plenty of good things laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry." '

20"But
God said to him, 'You fool! This very night your life will be demanded
from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?'
21"This is how it will be with anyone who stores up things for himself but is not rich toward God."

images.businessweek.com
Life is meaningless if all our waking moments are devoted to
work, leisure and the cares of this life. Our life here is only
preparation for the real Life that is to come, one that we will have to
spend our Eternity in. It's so easy for us to get caught in the things
of this life - its cares, worries and pleasures. PhotobucketBut we must never lose
our focus that in this life we are just pilgrims here on earth, getting
ready for the one true life ahead. One day when we go through those
pearly gates of splendour, it would be so sad if we find that we have
wasted so much time on the peripherals of this present life, rather
than spending time with God with whom we are supposed to spend Eternity
with. And when so little time is spent with Him in the here and now,
what assurance do we have that we will be welcomed at the Pearly Gates?
May it never be that God's word to us that time would be, "Who are you?
I never knew you." But rather, "Well-done my good and faithful servant.
Enter into my rest."

Photobucket

Images from:
www.images.businessweek.com
www.consumerist.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Smile! God loves you and me. ^____^

About Me

My photo
The Many Versions of Love Stories 1. Boy meets girl, they fall in love, kiss and marry. They live happily ever after. 2. Boy meets girl, they fall in love, kiss and marry. The marriage sours, they part, and live happily ever after. 3. Boy meets girl, they fall in love, kiss and marry. Then boy finds out it's more fun to be girl... or girl finds out it's more fun to be boy, they part, change sexes and live happily ever after. 4.Finally, boy or girl meets God. It's love at first sight... The roads went rough, the tides rose high, the strong winds blew and the quake shook the ground... but they truly live happily ever after, forever and ever. 5. Try God's love... it's always happy forever after, and the story never ends. :-D